Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Tuesday What's Up

Ok...the kids are downstairs watching the Berenstein bears...lets see how far into this post I get before I'm sabotaged!!!

Happy Tuesday, all! Its overcast and not the nicest here today, and I see that the Weather Network is calling for flurries over the next couple of days. I seriously hope not. The warm weather has been sooo great to lift ones spirits! Wouldn't you agree?!

The great finds out there today are super for lifting ones spirits, too! Check these out!

This is the ultimate dream of mine- and I've been seriously of doing this for the last six months, at least! Crop and CRUISE!!!! What is a Crop and Cruise? Pack all your scrapbooking goodies, some comfy clothes, your CAMERA, and scrap your way through a dreamy cruise. Of course, there'll be opportunities for some sight seeing and (obviously) picture taking. But, you get the best of both worlds- a getaway with nothing more than scrapbooking and crafting, if that's all you want to do. ON.A.CRUISE.LINER!!!!! Sounds fabulous, doesn't it? I know that Canadian Scrapbooker does one, and now I've just found out that Paper Crafts magazine also has a crop and cruise. Read all about it here. Who's in with me??

Fathers' Day is fast approaching, and soon it'll be time to be thinking about what to get/make for the Fathers in your life. There's a free E-book at FaveCrafts.com (blech- if you're interested) and a couple cute examples of great hand made Fathers Day gifts here for you to check out. I personally really like the wreath (but, its SOOO not Kyle). Have you come across any other hand made gifts to make for the Fathers/Mothers in your life? Feel free to share them!

Heidi Kelley, the author (and uber talented fellow scrapbooker) of an incredible blog that I follow shares this incredible Easter egg she made, and the instructions on how to re-create it yourself. I know the holiday is over, but I guarantee you'll be sorry if you miss out on the opportunity to make one for yourself. WOW!!!!

If you enjoy scrapbooking with the use of scrapbook kits, then you'll want to know (if you haven't heard already) that My Creative Scrapbooks April kit is now available. Head over to Izzy's blog to see sneak peeks of the projects she's made with the kit. On Friday, she'll have the full reveal. You won't want to miss out on that, either!!

Wow. Ever made a project using paper packaging- the plastic cup that holds buttons in it or brads, or other small type embellishments? Ever used other types of paper packaging to up cycle a unique project? I have not, as of yet, other than using bits and pieces of cardboard pieces of packaging as borders and paper elements on layouts. Melinda Spinks, over at the Jillibean blog today, shares how she made a candy holder using the plastic packaging portion of a Jillibean button package. Its truly awe-inspiring! I want to try it now!

And, speaking of up cycling and altering items, how about making over a guitar?! Ever thought of doing that??! I certainly haven't. But, this tutorial will blow your mind away! You'll find it here, at the Echo Park blog.

There's one last tutorial to share with you this morning- this time using alcohol ink and transparencies. This incredible tutorial shows you how to mimic the look of water. This technique is great for swimming or hot weather, or sports themed projects. Re-create the look by following the instructions you'll find here!

That's all for now! Phew! Got through it before the kids interrupted me. Whoo!

*********************************

There are some really simple and adorable crafts I found on Pinterest today that you should check out! You'll find everything I'm about to mention on my All Things Scrappy board over at Pinterest. What kinds of things will you find? Cute tags and embellishments, bookmarks made from the spines of old books, a denim journal cover, cute little 'you have a message' clothes pins (that when you open them up, says 'I love you' inside); if you like to crochet or want to learn, you'll find a tutorial on how to crochet using bakers twine; Paper Crafts magazine has some really fantastic downloads- from Easter to hey hot stuff to baby under construction. Check them out!

Lastly, I just happened upon this pin, and what this woman does with old books is simply and utterly a.maz.ing. You'll also find it under my All Things Scrappy board at Pinterest. Wow, if only I could be so talented!!

Thanks for dropping by! TTFN











No comments:

Post a Comment