Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Stumped

Stumped. That's the best way to describe the last layout I made, and the first of the two that I posted to my FB page today. For me, nothing seemed to jive. I hope I'm past this crop block, because I go through withdrawals when I can't play! Its utter torture.

There's nothing too fancy about my Blessings layout. I began with a sketch that I had printed out, but in the end, I just didn't feel it at all. I wound up going my own way, after much fussing and rearranging and not liking how things looked. Heh. Sometimes, we just have to go our own way. All the patterned papers on this particular layout are Jillibean Soup- from the Winter Tortellini and Country Pumpkin collections. The Blessings tag is also Jillibean (Country Pumpkin). The folder tag in the top right corner, along with the scallop circle embellishment are Carta Bella, and the rest is just miscellaneous stash that I used up.

The most important thing to note about this layout is that the black folder that's slipped behind all the paper, is actually the print of the photo that the Melting Pot took while we were having dinner. I forgot all about it until I finished the layout! I didn't know how else to incorporate it at that point, other than just slipping it in somewhere. It also meant that I needed stronger adhesive so that my project wouldn't pull apart. So, I pulled out a new pack of glue dots, and re-adhered my main photo mat (all the paper that the photo and journalling tag are adhered to).

My next layout is a little more detailed. I picked up the colors that are already found in the program and postcard that the group of actors gave me for my birthday- which was red, black and blue. I immediately thought of my nautical stamp set for this layout. It fit the theme perfectly!

On the flip side of the postcard, I adhered a small piece of scrap punched card stock, just to add a bit of interest to an otherwise busy but boring layout. I also added a journalling tag that I punched using my CM tag punch, and included just a bit of journalling on it. I also included the date we saw NCIS, which was the date of my birthday- November 3.

I also included the ticket stub from our evening out at Jubilations. A really great way to hold onto memorabilia that you eventually want to scrapbook is throwing everything into a folder or page protector. Then, everything is in one place, and you can refer to it as you complete those projects. If you really want to get organized, you can create a folder for every event, or one of every month of the year, and throw things into the corresponding folder after the event happens. Just a little food for thought. I personally like using a page protector. I can see what's inside, and it isn't often that we enjoy things such as this, so for now, I don't need anything more. Maybe that'll evolve one day in the future, but for now, don't fix anything that's not broken!

No comments:

Post a Comment