Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Count Your Blessings

The layout I created tonight has been circulating in my brain for months. I've attempted a few times to put what I'm envisioning in my brain down onto paper, but it never actually happened. I'd get flustered too quickly and bail.

This time, I sat down and drew it out on paper before cutting up my good papers and hating the outcome. I'm fairly satisfied with the outcome, but what I've got envisioned still isn't totally conveyed. Its pretty darn close, though, so I'm fairly happy. I'm thinking I'm going to hang onto the sketch I made for this layout, and use it for May's sketch challenge.

Although Kyle's blood test for diabetes happened back in November, and he just got the second blood test done recently, I still don't know if he actually has diabetes. Kyle's acting like he is diabetic, but we don't really know for sure. Why make yourself a martyr if you don't have to be? Making changes is great, but don't give out false information.

The embellishments for this layout tie into the whole theme so neatly. Count your blessings- we are still healthy, we can change things, we can even reverse a pre-diabetes diagnosis with the proper diet and lifestyle changes. We are blessed to have Kyle in our lives! And, he's been blessed to have his health. Family-- I know the Krogsgaard family has its health issues; cancer is rampant in our family, and I suspect diabetes is, too, though the only person I know for sure that has it is Kyle's dad. I think his cousin, Roy, has it, too. The girls getting it is a real concern for me. I hope Kyle doesn't have it- and I hope he never gets it. I hope the girls don't get it, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment