Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Bulletin Board

Who else found the April sketchy challenge layout incredibly inspiring? There were two ways I immediately thought of doing to recreate the background- first was to use Washi Tape to mimic the look of a bulletin board, and the second idea was to cut squares of patterned paper, and rotate them on their side so they create the illusion of diamonds. I want to try that technique next, so I'm pretty sure that if I get scrappy time tonight, that's what I'll be doing next.

My mojo must have fled the scene, because I sure struggled with what to do after I got the background completed on this layout. I just didn't know what direction I wanted to take, or how to proceed. I knew that rather than using three small photos, I just wanted to use one. I didn't want any other pictures distracting from the beautiful flowers Kyle ordered for me before we got to the Melting Pot. I'd never been to an upscale restaurant that has the option of pre-ordering full bouquets of flowers for loved ones. What a lovely and unique idea, and it blew me away (hence the title). I thought they were a centre piece for the table we were sitting at.

After playing around with squares of patterned paper and re-arranging them multiple times, I came up with the idea of taking my postcard stamp (by Stampendous) to recreate a post card, and the twine and mini clothes pins add a unique twist to the traditional bulletin board. There's a small blue tag slipped behind the postcard and photo, which houses the journalling for this layout. All I really knew after I got the lines in the background adhered was that I wanted to recreate the look of a personal bulletin board any one of us would have at home. I think for the next one I do, I'll include some receipts and a little more stamping (which I had planned on doing on this one, and forgot!!); maybe some of the kids' artwork. I'll know when I actually get there!

I did begin working on another layout after this one last night, but I struggled even more with the layout I printed to scrap lift; I scrapped that idea, and am now trying to work it out on my own. I sat for 45 minutes moving things around and not liking any of what I saw, so I decided to leave it and sleep. I'll try it again when my head has cleared. I think I left it last night before bed is the way I want to keep it. Now its just a matter of figuring out the embellishing and where to add journalling and a title!

Oh, the challenges of scrapbooking (sometimes)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment