Thursday, March 28, 2013

What's Up Thursday

Wow, another day is here! After a rough night between the twins, morning came way too quickly for me! But, I'm making the best of it. I got the vacuuming done already, and will shortly tackle the laundry. Miss Maren has no clean jammies left. Yikes!

There's a few things I wanted to share with you for today's What's Up. First up, Rebecca, a talented scrapbooker friend of mine, has a beautiful project up on her blog using a new product from Globecraft and Piccolo. Its an embossing powder that makes your projects look like genuine rust! If you like the look of rusted out objects, you should definitely check out her blog post today. You'll find it here. Also, she has another project up on the Globecraft and Piccolo blog; you should see it, too. Both stunning projects! You'll find the link to Globecraft and Piccolo on Rebecca's blog.

Teresa is another talented scrapbooker friend of mine, but her style is completely different from Rebecca's. Teresa creates beautiful shabby chic and CAS (clean and simple) cards. I adore her style, and hope to one day have the ability to create projects as gorgeous as hers! There's a blog hop happening with Glitz designs today. You'll find all the info you need at her blog.

Jillibean Soup is one of my utmost favorite scrapbooking manufacturers. For a long time, I'd stalked the JBS products that were in the online store at scrapbook.com, deeply admiring the colors, the patterns and beauty of Jill's line. Then, I got my first gift card, and was able to purchase some of my dream product! Ever since then, I've continued to admire the products that Jill's design team produces, and I'm coming to like Jill as a person, too. She's got great energy and seems to be a relatable, down to earth individual. There's more projects up on the JBS blog today. Check them out!

You'll come to find that most of the blogs I follow are of people that I've met at scrapbook.com, and each one of them (or most), I've become online friends with. Izzy is no exception. Wow, you need to check out Izzy's projects, too! All these women I've met are extraordinary! The talent out there is incredible! Izzy has an uber cute Easter project up on her blog today.

Here's a little tidbit for you: another of my utmost favorite scrapbooking manufacturers is Carta Bella. I found out, after some snooping around the other day, that Carta Bella is a sister company of another scrapbooking manufacturer, Echo Park. Since I'm already having an affair with Carta Bella, I figured I'd probably love Echo Park equally as much. Yes, I do!!! I don't have any of their product yet, but I am stalking them on Pinterest and scrapbook.com AND on their blog. ANd, up on their blog today, are some delicious projects! More Easter goodies today! (Which, by the way, are you ready for it??!)

(Darn, the kids came back upstairs...that means I've got to make the rest of this quick!!)

Simple Stories is up with a gorgeous layout and an incredibly stunning card. I had to pin it to Pinterest! The colors are incredibly yummy! (A little secret--Simple Stories is another fave of mine!) The design team member used papers from their new collection, Urban Traveller. Glorious stuff!!

Personalizing a card is something I've personally never done, but its on my scrappy bucket list! The Go-To Gals over at Paper Crafts magazine has just the remedy for that!

If you're a Pinterest junkie like me, you may have seen a lot of chalkboard art around lately. Its a hot trend nowadays, and I love the way it looks. If I had the right tools, I'd love to replicate it. Check out what Laina Lamb has to say about it!

I came across this blog doing some snooping way back. These girls are Canadians and they have a new card challenge up. The theme is Easter! Check it out!

And lastly, but certainly not least, another Easter project (and a beautiful one, I might add!) can be found at the Scrapbook Memories and More blog. The colors are fantastic!

Our Easter is going to be a quiet one. I think my husband is working through the holiday, so we'll be staying home and celebrating with just the four of us. Having said that, though, we are coming into the city next weekend (the first weekend in April) to celebrate a late Easter with my sis and BIL and my parents. I'm looking forward to it! How do you spoil your little ones at Easter time? I don't want to give the kids candy (they don't need it- they still have a butt load of candy left from Halloween), so instead, I like them to show me what they're interested in and like when we're out shopping. I take notes (but, they're oblivious to it) and pay particularly close attention to them, and try and get a few things that really interest them. Its neat to see them showing a keen interest in art at such a young age. What drew them the last time we were out shopping? A bead kit to make your own bracelets and necklaces. I'm down with that! So, that's what they are getting for Easter!

Happy Easter, my friends!

****************************************

Its all quiet on the home front tonight, but I did come across news that there's a new scrapbooking magazine out there. Not entirely sure if its paperback or online; whatever it is, you'll find the link for it here!
















No comments:

Post a Comment